Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Brent_Baumer

A foot dragger worth keeping?

Brent_Baumer
Against my better judgement, I just won this package on ebay. $163. Most of the work was already done so I couldn't resist for the money. The seller was very good about providing information, sent me a ton of pics and was very polite in answering all my emails and questions. I was going to stop at $125 but the treatment I got from the seller made me feel like I had to have it even though I am a hydro RBT lover. [img]http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/b2/67/83_1_b.JPG[/img]

Brent_Baumer
The one thing that really kept me from thinking this was a no-brainer is that the engine is sadly not original. It is an 8hp replacement. Getting it fired up to see what it needs besides some paint will be a priority. Otherwise it is supposedly all there except maybe the missing hood emblem. He thought he had it but had not located it yet. All other parts I could tell were missing and asked about he confirmed he has. Hoping to go get it next weekend. It is only about an hour and 15 to an hour and a half away. Brent

Brent_Baumer
Joe - Garage queen is right. I'm worried now how I'm gonna get it into the back of my 1/2 ton short bed with the deck and blade without scratching it. I have hauled alot more than this in that truck but nothing so nice so I didn't worry about dings. The deck and blade may get to ride with me in front. Brent

MDB
Very good deal Brent, Looks like a definite keeper to me. I was really looking that one over myself but the tractor fund is getting a little low right now.... BTW, All Foot Draggers are worth keeping....;):D

EricD
I guess I'll ditto in here, "I was watching that too" :) I need a third 725 like I need another snooty neighbor (bad analogy, the neighbor is another story, I'd really not mind another Simplicity). You can't go wrong with it Brent, they're great tractors and I completely prefer them to the hydro tranny's. You have the AG lugs in the front and they look good too. I just aquired a used set of front lugs and installed them yesterday. Now with front and rear lugs on my plow 725 they sweeten the look and performance. I think my preference for FDT's is based on the "Old tractor styling of the round hood and finned out seat pan". Congrats and be sure to strap her down tight on the ride.

Brent_Baumer
AC808 - Motor condition is really an unknown. It ran when it was removed from the tractor 5 years ago. I expect I can get it going without too much effort, then see how bad it leaks and smokes and go from there. Thanks to all for the replies. I didn't need this one at all either. I have plenty of others around that get well used. This one is for looks. Brent

maxtorman1234
I like the hydro RBT's too, but thats one FDT you just gotta have. Now i've had some time to thnk about mine, I dont think i'd trade it for anything. Thant,s a Nice 725;)

Karl_Brandt
That is a good deal? Nice looking Simplicity 725. My Simplicity 725 also had a replacement 8 hp engine. Now the 725 has the right engine in my tractor. [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl