Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A Sad Day In Simplicity History

I was just informed by our Simplicity sales rep that the famous Sovereign garden tractors will no longer be made after this season - orders are being taken supposedly for the last production run. Anyone thinking about getting one better not wait too long! :(

i hate to see this happen as my agco918 is the best in the agcoline.$5700.00 didnt affect me from buying the agco918 when i know i wont need a new tractor ever again.simplicity is getting greedy like everyone else.the landlord is not a good tractor to me.none of the new models look like a farm tractor like the agco918.price shoud not keep people from buying a quality built tractor that is the best in the bussiness.the company should build the soverign/agco918 forever on my oppotion because it is built the best .the tractor is a smaller farm tractor on my oppition.it just needs 3 point hitch on it.sad day indeed.hate to see the best tractor in the line dissapear from the market because it cost to much to alot of people but they will buy a landlord that is not a tractor to me .just a lawntractor.i love my agco918 because it is a scaled down farmtractor.agco918 mickeymouse@bright.net very sad day for me .........

I'm sure they weren't selling because of too high a price. Oh well THAT just makes all our older ones now worth much more[as 'collectables of course!]Today's avg. Joe Homeowner doesn't need a tractor to do many tasks like years past,as seen by what attachs were offered for the Sov. new today compared to in the 60's-70's. dlc

And here's what we can look forward to in the future,,,A Jacobsen dealer friend of mine was just telling me no after-market blades are avail for the Jac.GT ser. as they havent been made for over 15 yrs. or so,, EXCEPT from Jacobsen at guess how much???$267 a set! How bout that!?For 3 blades.I sure hope Sim. dosen't eventually go down that road! dlc

Yes it is a sad day. One problem was they were built to good and the attachments were compatable for too many years (means less new sales). The local Agco-Allis dealer would rather sell the Legacy and AC 1900's because there are less attachments available out there (we have to buy new ones from the dealer) and he gets more repair work with them (I think this has more to do with the the complications and how tight everything fits rather than durability). I also noticed that Simplicity was not promoting the "Simplicity" of the Sovereign and its attachments. Which all relates to sales volume. Too Bad :(

After hearing this I dont think Simplicity will laet another 5 years, the market is to fooded with junk that just about anybody sells.Same thing happen to the 9020.Mr. Joe home owner buys one for $15.000 and in a couple of years goes and buys another one.IT is a throw away world.

After hearing this I dont think Simplicity will last another 5 years, the market is to flooded with junk that just about anybody sells.Same thing happen to the 9020.Mr. Joe home owner buys one for $15.000 and in a couple of years goes and buys another one.IT is a throw away world.

Very good comments and points also. I just can't see buying a tractor for $5600 that like dlc and Mike stated there are so few attachments availible for. It basically comes down to one expensive mower and snow blower or tractor with a plow. But one thing is that sells were and are down on a fine tractor while the newer Landlord is selling alot more units. I personally have found the seating more comfortable on the Sov. then the Landlord. But with all of the other manufactures coming out with upgraded newer designes it hard to sell one that is almost 40 year young regardless how good we "know" it is. And from hearing what problems Roy has had with his new one I can't but wonder if it is his dealer not doing his job write or are all of them having problems. "Hum" maybe this will be the year I step up to the plate and start eating grass with a new Sov. along with my other older ones. Hey I could always use a good backup tractor its just convinceing my other half that I do Regards, >>->happyjack<-<< P.S. I hate the look of the newer models they all look the same except for the darn color at least to me.

I wonder how long parts will still be available for the old ones. Could Simplicity decide it doesn't pay to supply parts for the old tractors anymore. Tim

Al_Mangani
Sad day, indeed. I loved my 3416H and now I have a 7116H. Can work on it blindfolded, in those rare instances when work is required. Routine maintenance keeps 'em goin' and goin' and goin'.....kinda like the pink bunny. Sovereigns will always be my favorite. Sure wish we could change their minds...