Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy and Johnny Bucket

MarcusInMd

I just made my yearly implement purchase(s). A Johnny Bucket Sr. for our Legacy. I have lots of landscaping chores including moving stone and lots of top soil and mulch. I also purchased the teeth in hopes that I will be able to do some minor earth moving that I have been thinking about. Want to clear out a rectangular area out around the kids swing set and fill with mulch. Only thing left to do now is order the aux. hydraulics and install it. I downloaded the install manual and its a bear. I have to take apart alot of the tractor to install it. But it will give me something to do. :D Slowly but surely I am adding onto this thing and by the time all is said and done it might be fully loaded. Next year I would like to purchase the 3 point hitch and modify it for the larger CAT 1 implements (we'll see) Quickly realizing this stuff isn't cheap!!! Marcus

Good for you Marcus! A man with a plan, that is the way to do it. I seem to throw my plan out the window each time a new tractor or impliment catches my eye. I'm just fickled I guess. I don't have a Johnny Bucket but from what I see and read you will be very happy with your's.

Im in the process of makeing one right now. I hope to make the hitch removable to fit on my Broadmoor as well as my Landlord. Elon

I can't wait to give it a try. It sure looks like alot of fun. My neigbhor has a skid loader and I gave it a try the other day and the thing is just to jerky and heavy for what I need to do. I was considering making one myself, but I decided that the cost would probably work out close to the same and I really don't have that kind of time right now. So I will let someone else build it! :D Thanks John! :D

What is a ballpark cost for the purchase of the bucket and brackets and hydro lines etc if you do all the install work ??? I know that there was a loader available for the sunstar, but not sure if any of them are available.

quantico In my experiance, Sunstar loaders are about like hen's teeth. Pretty hard to find, it took me almost three years to find one. In the mean time I purchased a 916 with loader to tide me over. Good luck in your quest. Marcus: Don't forget to post some pictures.:D

The aux. hydraulics are 529.00 plus shipping. To have it installed would probably be another 200-250 bucks. The JB for the legacy was 900 and some odd dollars. The digging teeth were another 125.00 I think.