Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need Allis 416 parts diagrams

JR

I happen to have a spare 14hp Kohler engine laying around, and am thinking about putting it together with the remains of a 416 Hydro I happen to have sitting in the back yard. The problem is that the 416 is missing some parts, and I'm not as familier with the Allis built tractors as I am with the Simplicity built stuff. So I find myself in need of parts diagrams so I can determine exactly what parts I'm missing. I know I need rear axle shafts, gas tank, clutch pedal, a front wheel, and one of the rear hubs, but I will also need parts for the PTO clutch, and I have no idea what was there. If I'm looking at too much money to replace the missing parts, I may just bag it. Can anybody help? Thanks! John

If you dont want it, I may have a parts tractor I could fix it up with :D I just traded a 416, and wouldnt mind fixing up another;) Theres supposed to be an electric clutch on the front, and nothing on the BGB. I have the complete service manual, but you can get it off the simplicity site, http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/

BGB? You lost me there. And how do I get a service manual for an Allis built tractor off the Simplicity site? Are they hosting that info for Allis (Agco?) or something? John

Click on this link for the 400 series Allis Chalmers parts manual. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1506_00_AC_A.pdf Also check this link for the Simplicity / Allis connection. http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/history.htm

THey have all the old simplicity/allis manuals there. Most other tractors built by allis have a cone clutch of the bevel gear box, but i mentioned it because these dont. you can find the manyals on the site by typing in 100 to 900. It will take a fair bit of time to find it

Mack, thanks for the link! I've got it downloaded and have been scanning thru it. Now I just need to print it out. That answers a lot of the questions I have. Looks like it has a single axle shaft going thru the rear end. I thought it was a two-piece shaft, but if it was, I couldn't figure out how they got it out without splitting the rear end. I've never really had to mess with one off those rear ends. Looks like I will need the axle shaft, the "solid" hub, as well as almost all the differential except the hub for that side. At least I have that part. And what I thought was the clutch pedal missing, turns out to be the deck lift lever! I should have realized that one. Doh! Now the hunt begins, and I have a feeling finding parts for this is not going to be easy. At least it looks like all the rear ends use the same axle and diff parts, so that should help. Thanks! John