Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Things just don't turn out like they should!

10HorseMan

As i posted last week the B-110 had been painted. It looked good for about a day, After i spent a hour or two putting it together left it for about a hour "AND SOMEONE LEANED UP AGAINST IT AND SCRAPED SOME OF MY BEAUTIFUL PAINT OFF OF THE HOOD"8B)[:0][V]?. And to make things worse the carb i paid to have rebuilt and cleaned out leaked gas out of the jet and wrinkled the paint. It will stay like it is for about 2 weeks and i am going to tear it down again. It is always somthing? 8

Don't feel like you're alone. I had just put the Big Ten together, having carefully painted it, piece by piece, when the gas tank leaked out of a pin hole in the bottom and ruined the paint on the whole bulkhead and frame underneath it...

powermax_paul
Kent, Was that some of the SW paint I sent you? I don't understand how SW can call that "Industrial Enamel" if it won't hold up to gasoline:( Paul

No, this was the spraybomb stuff... but it didn't fare any better than what you reported. I still haven't tried the SW paint, but I'm getting ready to order some PreVal sprayers so that I can use it... I'm running out of my stock of spraycans, and the paint I've been using has been discontinued by Rustoleum... :(

Don't feal too bad Justin, Same thing happened to me with Acrylic Enamel paint with hardener, the carb leaked on it and the paint came off....[:0]:(

My son and I were putting a roll of carpet in the garage till I could install it in my daughters house. As we went by my newly painted AC712S, he wasn't watching and the carpet was rubbing the corner of the hood. Do you know how abrasive the burlap on the bottom of carpet is? Have a very well scraped corner on the hood now.

It is what it is. And as long as it is around we can fix it. Bet that carb will not leak no more.

maxtorman1234
I'm working on getting the 912 the way i want it, First i was thinking about putting the electric clutch on the 12 and putting it into the 410, so i could mow. Crankshaft was too small, causing me to switch an extra engine and fix up the 10 to put the clutch on it. Then, i discovered the engne knocks, so i dropped the 16HP in, and now i find the exhaust ports are different sizes, so i cant use the original muffler:(!. So there it sits, with no muffler. Sounds neat at idle though, any higher and its very loud, It mows good though, and engine is like new.

powermax_paul
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
No, this was the spraybomb stuff... but it didn't fare any better than what you reported. I still haven't tried the SW paint, but I'm getting ready to order some PreVal sprayers so that I can use it... I'm running out of my stock of spraycans, and the paint I've been using has been discontinued by Rustoleum... :(
Kent, Might wanna make sure to use a SW primer. Some of my problem may have been putting it over an automotive spray bomb primer.