Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
bud119195

Ammeter cover

Salthart
Give this a try.. Stop by a local body shop and ask for an ounce of clear coat polish. The grit in it is aluminum oxide ( 9 on the Mohs scale or the next step under diamond, though that is a HUGE step..LOL ) and about 10,000 grit. I made a polishing pad by taking a pillow case, rubbing it down with the polish and folding it to about a 5 inch square, putting a 5/16ths bolt through it, and cutting the largest circle out on it that I could.. you then place the pad in a drill and polish as needed.. Works great on silver and gold jewelry, Polishing up old bottles ( But will cut the printing if not careful ) just about anything that needs a shine. And with the grit being so fine, its slow and "Burning" something is not much of a problem... if the cracks go all the way through, or just to deep to polish out you may want to visit your nearest glass shop.. Lexan ( No idea of the spelling ) is way more durable than plexiglass and i understand it weathers better.. It can be rough cut then the sides sanded to fit....Good luck