Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weed Cutter & Yeoman ?

wantedinct

Can anyone help me out here, i'm trying to find a picture of the adapter that will let me mount a weed cutter to a yeoman. Thanks, Eric

I don't believe there is an adapter for a Yoeman. These were made for Landlord large frame tractors with horzontal shaft engine. The large frame tractors used the same hitch as the one belt snowblower. You might be able to adapt a Yoeman snowblower hitch to work.

If you go into simple tractors, then simplicity, then new in 1968, click on yeoman, and scroll down, there's a picture of a weed cutter for the yeoman. so they were made for small frame as well. i just cant find any info on how they mount.

thedaddycat
Maynard, I have to call Ripley's about that one....... LOL "The large frame tractors used the same hitch as the one belt snowblower. " It is indeed a rare occaision that you miss one!! Though very similar, the angle of the left side pulley mounting shaft on the hitch points the pulley slightly outward to the left side while the blower hitch aims it towards the centerline of the blower. I'll post pics later today showing it. You might be able to bend or cut and weld a blower hitch to aim the left pulley into proper position.

The weedcutter for the old Broadmoor and Yeoman supposedly never made it to production. I have literature that shows it as well, but a source in Simplicity told me there was only one or two made for testing, then destroyed. It was deemed unsafe, and second updated version of the Landlord style was cancelled as well at that time. Please don't hack the one you have - lots of people would love to have it. If you want to sell the hitch for it, let me know - I need the right one for my weedcutter. I can't wait to see the difference between the blower and cutter hitch. I have a blower hitch to use ,but knew it was the wrong part number.

thedaddycat
OK, here are the two hitches so you can see the difference. Both are viewed from the bottom so right and left are reversed in the pic from the view from above.... First up is the Weed Cutter hitch. The pulleys are removed from this hitch so you can see the shafts more clearly. The fixed pulley pivot shaft is on the right(with the small spacer) and the clutch pulley pivot shaft is on the left as seen here. Note how they both point in the same general direction, that is towards the right.

This is due to the fact that there are four arbors for the cutting blades so there has to be some offset to the side from the centerline of the hitch/tractor. Also note that the driven pulley for the Weed Cutter is mounted in a horizontal plane, which places the two sides of the pulley apart on that plane.

Here is a blower hitch for the older tractors with a fixed front PTO pulley that sticks through the grill. It also has the fixed pulley pivot shaft is on the right and the clutch pulley pivot shaft on the left as viewed in the pic.

Since the blower pulley is mounted in a vertical plane, both fixed and clutch pulleys align with it to the same point on the horizontal plane.

I hope this helps some..... BTW, I called Ripley's and they just laughed at me and said they didn't believe it for a minute, Maynard.... LOL

I should have said same type and similar to the one belt blower hitch. As I have said before I can show someone how to do something but have a hard time putting it into written words so it can be understood. Sorry for any confusion. In the diagrams I have they look similar but are not detailed enough to see the differences. I still think that a Snowblower hitch for the Yoeman could be modified to work with out to much trouble. JMO. These are the Downloadable manuals for the WeedCutter [url="http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1277_00_AT_S.pdf"]PART'S MANUAL - Weed Cutter [/url] [url="http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_1277_00_AT_S.pdf"]OPERATOR'S MANUAL - Weed Cutter [/url]

Thanks for all the help guy's, i guess i will just keep it for the landlord, i just thought if it fit on the yeoman it could stay there. or maybe i'll have to find another landlord for it !!

thedaddycat
Let's see, two pins, a belt and a clutch handle...... They don't call they Simplicity for nothing, guys.

quote:
Originally posted by wantedinct
Thanks for all the help guy's, i guess i will just keep it for the landlord, i just thought if it fit on the yeoman it could stay there. or maybe i'll have to find another landlord for it !!
Why not just make a hitch to fit it to the Yeoman? That shouldn't be too hard...