Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
AC808

Tiller lift quandry...how does it do this??

AC808
I acquired a tiller (1690194) to go on my AC808 (6100 series). Ive researched the necessary hitch for it and im still not sure how the lift lever is supposed to lift the tiller. As you can see in the pic the lift arm on the tiller is on the LEFT side of the unit. I thought there might be an adapter that goes across the bottom of the tractor, but cant find anything on that either. The other tiller that will work on this tractor has the lift on the other side..which makes sense..any one know anything about this??

UCD
Have you downloaded the manuals for your tractor and this tiller? I think you will find the info you need there. OPERATOR'S MANUAL - 30" Tiller Attachment [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_2980_00_AT_S.pdf[/url]

UCD
We are talking 2 different things here LIFT ROD and LIFT LEVER. The lift lever is in the right side of the tractor. The Lift rod is attached to tiller on left side and runs up the left side of the tractor to a bell crank connected to a cross shaft over to the right side lift lever.

AC808
Thats exactly what i was thinking ...its the only way this can function. The upper pics are part of the manual for the said tiller. The bottom pic is one i hadnt seen...The shaft that runs the width of the tractor is one i hadnt seen. Thanks !!!