Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller lift quandry...how does it do this??

AC808

I acquired a tiller (1690194) to go on my AC808 (6100 series). Ive researched the necessary hitch for it and im still not sure how the lift lever is supposed to lift the tiller. As you can see in the pic the lift arm on the tiller is on the LEFT side of the unit. I thought there might be an adapter that goes across the bottom of the tractor, but cant find anything on that either. The other tiller that will work on this tractor has the lift on the other side..which makes sense..any one know anything about this??

Have you downloaded the manuals for your tractor and this tiller? I think you will find the info you need there. OPERATOR'S MANUAL - 30" Tiller Attachment [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_2980_00_AT_S.pdf[/url]

Oh yeah...i have manauals for both the tractor and tiller...as well as another 30" tiller that has the lift arm on the right side...

1690393 has it on the right side...1690194 has it on the right side... in 'What fits' both are shown as able to be used on the 6100s... any other ideas? :-)

In looking at the manual the lift rod goes on the left side of the tractor to the cross shaft to the lift arm on the right side.

The tiller I have for my 6116 has the lift on the right side. It sort of has to be on the right side, as that's where the lift knuckle is.

We are talking 2 different things here LIFT ROD and LIFT LEVER. The lift lever is in the right side of the tractor. The Lift rod is attached to tiller on left side and runs up the left side of the tractor to a bell crank connected to a cross shaft over to the right side lift lever.

Thats exactly what i was thinking ...its the only way this can function. The upper pics are part of the manual for the said tiller. The bottom pic is one i hadnt seen...The shaft that runs the width of the tractor is one i hadnt seen. Thanks !!!