Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good News

bigcountry

I went to the NC Central Region FFA competition today and I won first place with my Proficiency Award, in Agricultural Mechanics: Repair and Maintenance. I used my tractor/lawnmower dealings as the basis for my SAE documentation. I would like to thank those who have helped me out with advice and tips for fixing lawnmowers and other things I've come across in the past couple of years.

Way-to-go. It's nice to be involved in something where we can share our experiance with someone else.

sandyhillbill
Good job MAX! You may have taken the first step into your future.Good luck to you.

Will you go to state? I did the same thing when I was in school. Got a lot of good experiences in FFA. ddh

Thanks everybody, this is the first step. Next is the state level competition which will be held at NC State University on June 8-10, 2004. If I win the state level, it's a $300 award and a plaque, plus the county will pay my way (as well as the rest of my chapter's way) to Nationals in October in Louisville, KY. Again, I want to thank those who gave me advice and tips on how to fix some of the mowers I've had in the past, I know I would not have gotten this far with out the help.

Nice work! A couple of years ago I went to an area FFA competiton in Missouri and I was on the seed judging team. It was fun but my team ranked close to last place. Didn't study enough. I don't think they had AG/Mechanics competitions there.