Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PowerMax blade questions

JR

A few years back, I aquired a dozer blade and was told it was for a PowerMax tractor. The blade mounting is like what is used for snow blades on pickups. It still has the cylinder and hoses attached. The blade is an off-white color and the frame is black. Looks to be between four and five feet wide (never measured it). Does this sound like it's for the PowerMax? If so, what all models will it fit? I've hung onto it for years, thinking I might use it for something, but never have, and I figure my chances of ever getting the tractor it goes on is pretty slim, as much as I would love to. The only thing I have that it would remotely work on would be my 446 Case, and I'm afraid it would be too much even for it. Anyway I plow snow with my quad, or my D17 with the loader and grader blade if it's too bad. I've just about convinced myself to sell it, but I really don't have any idea what to ask for. Any ideas what it might be worth? Thanks!

As always, it's a condition / buyer /seller thing. I sell quite a few of them & I base the price on condition & 'market'. That being said, what shape is it in? Are all the parts there? Is it all OEM? Do you want to buy a Powermax to go with it? (LOL) IMHO....... 8-) JP

I hate to admit it, but I paid $500 for mine about three years ago. It's a nice blade, and around here it was not easy to find one for my 720. That blade should be 60". Dave

Yeah, that looks just like what I've got, except mine has a hydraulic cylinder and hoses on it. It's actually in real good shape. The cutting edge is not wore down or beat up. Somebody has put some hard-surface weld on the bottom of the skids. As far as buying a PowerMax to go with it, I wish!

quote:
Originally posted by JR
As far as buying a PowerMax to go with it, I wish!
JR, thats what I thought too till I put an I'm interested add out. Lowandbehold 3 showed up. Just try and let the deal come to you. Sometimes you win, sometimes you wait on the that rear work light you were promisedB)... Long story:( Well anyway, hope things work out,Dave.

JR, If it is a Powermax 5' Dozer Blade with cylinder, I'll pay you $300 sight unseen. Just hafta work out transportation. Paul

Well, I've got a nice running 446 Case with 48" deck, 3-point hitch and Goodyear ag tires on the back, that I would happily trade for a rough, even non-running example of one of these tractors. Any version, or brand, preferably Allis tho. (Been an Allis man all my life, I got a Series I D-17, a CA, a WD45, and an early unstyled WC.) Heck, I've even got a wild quad that I built with a Suzuki GS550 4 cyl engine in it that I would be willing to deal on one!

I don't know if I would keep the blade, even if I did get a tractor to put it on. I just don't really have a need for it. I've got plenty of other stuff around here to move snow and dirt with. Mowing and tilling equipment is of more use to me.