Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

One of Sam's old toys

KenK

Here's an old simplicity I bought from Sam a couple of years ago.I sold it to the tire dealer in my area.He painted it,then put a hydrolift on it.The lift had a few leaks so I fixed them for him.While it was in the shop I took a picture of it. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=KenK&file=9726"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

This is a little easier to view, thought it might help. Man that sure is NICE, I like the rear tires. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/KenK/DCP_1375ac.JPG[/img]

Pretty machine. What brand of lugs are those? Wonder if the rear end bounces at high speed with that bite missing outta the wheel wt?

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Shouldn't the tire lugs be pointing the opposite direction????
Nope, they're pointed the right way for traction...

Those weights look like an off brand. Looks like they fit the mold of the rim. Thats one nice rig, better not tell Sam, he'll want more money.lol

quote:
"Nope, they're pointed the right way for traction."
Odd, I would think traction would be better with the "V" of the lugs pointing the other direction. Guess I've been in the city too long.

Traction lugs are ment to move a small amount of loose soil out away from the tire, such as a thin layer of soft mud or whatever. This allows the tire to put it's footprint on more solid ground. If it were reversed, it would collect loose soil into the center of the tirecausing it to spin on the loose soil. Or that's the way I percieve the design.