Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Left Axle hub????

thedaddycat
According to my LFGT Service & Repair Manual, Simplicity changed over from the removable cast left hub to the weldment left hub with the 3416 series, 990871 and later.

thedaddycat
Yes....... A removable left hub from any of the tractors should fit up properly, unless I'm mistaken. And No.... Only the cast hubs found on the 3415 and earlier are removable so it depends on which 3400 series tractor you are talking about. Starting with the 3416, the left hub is welded onto the axle shaft. I believe if you replaced the entire shaft and left hub from a pre 3300 with one from a 3416 or later you will also have to replace the right hub and possibly the differential. The 3300 started using the newer limited slip differential instead of the traction control hubs used prior to that. The right hub assembly and axle shaft are about 2" longer. I have posted about this before, a search should give you some more information and pics.... So I guess it all depends on what parts you have to work with and what's getting replaced, but they can be made to work.....

HubbardRA
Kirk, From what I have seen, I think a newer axle with the welded on hub can be used with the older diff and right hub. The axle will just stick out about 2 inches. It could be cut off if he wanted.