Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tractor pulling

Marc P. Cyr

Tomorrow my 1963 AC B10 comes home. It has a nine horse cast iron briggs engine, which should be a ten horse. This tractor wheelied starting out in second gear with the snowthrower on the front. Could this tractor compete and win against cub cadets in the stock class ? There is an AC B112 for sale where I found my B10. Marc Cyr

If it's a 1963 (i.e. pre-Big Ten,) the 9HP Model 23D is the correct engine... It can be competitive in the stock class, by all reports.... once the class allows modifications, the Kohlers win out...

You can start with that machine. I started with a 61 Wards and a 10 Hp B/S. In over 15 years of pulling we also had a 12 Hp Kohler, a 14 Hp Kohler, and a 16 Hp Kohler on that machine. The engine size was dependent on the rules at the time for the class we were pulling.

there is a guy over on another site (trucks) I post on. He has a bolens diesel and has added twin turbos. this is a lawn tractor not sure how big but he has a link to pics showing the buildup. hes not sure how long it will last but it sure is neat to see. I remember gettin cats pride mag. ffrom arctic cat, some guys took some john deere lawn tractors and installed a 150hp triple800 motor into it. again neat to see fun to drive but thats about it...JamesK.

James, If you go to www.SVTPA.com then go to PHOTOS and then check out the winner of the Pro Eliminator class. This is a friend of mine, Eugene England. His tractor has a Kawasaki motorcycle engine that is pushing around 235 Hp. That machine is totally awesome. Shows what you can do with over $9K invested in an engine (Vance-Hines drag bike engine). SVTPA is the organization that I pulled with for many years.

yup there are some powerfull creations out there. Just thought the diesel twin turbo on a bolens 1700 was neat. I also like the lwanmower racin , they used to show em on tnn on sunday nights. One of the guys on this other site also has a 380HP quad . its for sand drags but also impressive. James K.

Try to pull it in the stock classes and see what it will do. I am going to pull one of my tractors (Big Ten, B-12) this summer in any stock classes I can.