Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Power steering on 900s or others?

AC808

Has any one on here ever put power steering on a 900 series or any other series for that matter? I saw a 2210(?) today that the owner had put it on. It was kinda neat. His next project is PS on a 900series. If you have done it what PS parts did you use?

Ronald Hribar
I have been told that the late model sovereigns had power steering as an option. And that they thought John Deere used similiar parts for theirs. Also Char Lynn makes an unit that fits on steering wheel shaft to assist in steering. This was for farm tractors. If i ever get to it I have the JD unit that i will try.

I have a 7119 that I retrofitted with a simplicity power steering kit. Any 7100 series - 2000 soveriegn with hydrolift can still be retrofitted with this kit. Tim

if you change a couple parts in the hydro, can't you run the PS kit on non-hydrolift tractors as well?

i put ps on my ac620 with a seperate hyd. pump it also runs my frount loader. got most of the parts from surplus supply.

Today i was looking at car with the recirculating ball type of PS (as compared to rack and pinion) I may try to fit that in there...ill keep you all posted!