Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Too bad Simplicity won't/can't do this:

Brent_Baumer

A friend of mine is selling his 68 Mustang GT. He wanted to confirm a few things about it and wrote Ford a few years ago. They sent this document below in reply. Too bad Simplicity can't do this:

There's a similar service for Pontiac owners. It's called Pontiac Historic Services. http://www.phs-online.com It's great to know that the car you're spending big bucks on is actually the car it's supposed to be.

quote:
Originally posted by Brent_Baumer
Too bad Simplicity can't do this:
Except for the exact date of manufacture, Simplicity does provide that info through the Product / MFG #.

Ive had a bunch of VWs. The one that meant the most to me i sold a few yrs back. It was a 66 Karmann Ghia. I had written a letter to VW and requested similar informantion. The letter i received back also included the serial nr of the original motor. I managed to track down that motor! It was unbelieveable, the guy gave it to me when he learned that i had the car. I rebuilt the motor..when i sold the car the new owner didnt want it! So, I still have it and its waiting to get a new home under the hood of something.