Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dav

Colchester

dav
Went to the show in Colchester, Ct today. Stopped in RI to pick up some parts and motored on. Naturally, it started raining when we were 15 miles from the show. Every time I've gone to a show in Ct, it has rained! I was going to do the vendor trip but decided against sitting around getting wet. I came back with a few questions and this is the best place to get answers. One chap had front wheel weights. He said that the later tractors had holes in the rims to bolt them on. Is this so? Can I just drill the rims or is there something special about them? None of my rims are drilled and it looked like the hole might have to go into the tube area. Another guy had Brinley disc harrows. Although I want them, I have no practical use for them. He said that only using one was ineffective, there should be two in trail. any comments on this? In a couple of weeks I will be trying out the disc my friend has with her Sears Suburban just to see how it works. Did manage to off-load the cub snowblower so that paid for the gas. I'd like to think that when I sell the A-C snowblower I'll be done with excess tractor stuff but the sideyard is starting to fill up. And the rain followed me home so I can't go out and pla-opps-work on the Big Ten. DARN!

JimV
Hi Dave, After you left my house I started thinking about the show so I decided to take the family for a ride. I left about an hour after you and by the time I hit the farm it was pouring. I didn't want to drag the family out in the rain so Just turned around, The place cleared out fast though. I bet yesterday was a good day up there.