Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More free stuff to be had

bigcountry

I stopped by a consignment store the other day and I asked the owner if he had any mowers to get rid of, he told me to go around the side and look. I did, it's a old Craftsman 12hp with no deck, he said just come get it when you get a chance. Next, I was at my g/f's house and her father asked about what I did with mowers, and he told me I could have their old Lowe's tractor w/ 12 hp Briggs. It's been raining cats and dogs here for the past 3 days, so I haven't been able to pick them up yet. I hope I can the next sunny day we get.

I'm going sunday to clean up 2 lawn/garden junk yards,mostly mtd, I don't need most of them, so do you think a scrap yard would take some of them?

Any value in an old sears tractor, 11HP. It has been in my grandmother-inlaws shed for years. If not much I will just scrap it.

First, 328, the scrapper will take them, but my advice is, if you want to make any money, separate the metal from the aluminum and haul them both separately to the scrap dealer, as you can get more for the aluminum by itself. Any evidence of metal in the aluminum and they will cut the price they pay you by over 1/2. Second, cwm, if that Sears is a Suburban tractor, yes, it is worth a few hundred, if not, might as well count it out, it has no value.

I saw a Broadmore going for $20 this past weekend. Missing the starter, but started by pull cord. If I didn't have four other tractors and getting hassled as is... I might have bought it.

I picked the freebies up today, the Craftsman is a basketcase, it has no engine and no deck. The other is a MTD/Lowe's and the engine is good (a very clean 12.5 Briggs I/C), it fired and coughed, but is not getting enough gas to run, so it will need a carb flush and/or carb rebuild. The deck on it is shot, and there is no hood.

Another person at church approached me today about getting rid of a couple of engines and a rider. He said that the engines are Briggs 8's and the rider is only good for parts, he said to come and get them at my leisure.

Well I picked up 2 Homelite XL-12 Chainsaws today, 2 electric saws, and some Chevy truck parts (sacriledge, I know). Anyway, one of the Homelites fired right up and runs like a dream. Also, one of the electrics is good as well.