Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 6211

SimplyAC

Hi All! Just wanted to share with you my first Simplicity! I found this 6211 at a garage sale paired up with a practically brand new AgFab lawn vac. The lady I talked to said that they have to be sold together. When I asked how much, she said $850.00 I looked at it again, started it, ran it through the gears - and then left! I went home and got on the internet and checked out Simplicity tractors and lo and behold, I found this site! After looking at this site and calling my father-in-law (who's into old garden tractors and is a farm machinery repairman from way back)I hooked up the trailer and FLEW back to the garage sale. This time the husband was there AND the Simplicity was still there. I talked to him about the tractor and the lawn vac. I told him that the mower deck sounded like it needed new bearings, the belts were pretty worn and needed replacement and some other odds and ends. I asked him for his bottom line and he said $750.00! Another hundred off! This time I asked who to make the check out to and loaded up my prize. It is going to take some work - she's a little rough around the edges - but what a great little tractor! Hopefully someday she'll look as good as new! What do you think? [img]http://www.glqha.com/P1010008.JPG[/img] As far as I'm concerned, I bought the lawn vac for $750.00 and got a Simplicity 6211 for free! Mike :D

Welcome to the club Mike. Nice looking tractor. I think a lot of us discovered this site the same way - it's a great place to hang out! :D

Welcome abord Mike: Looks like a real nice tractor to me. You're goin to have a lot of fun with it.

Welcome to the club, it a place with TONS of info. You can do as much as you feel confortabe doing or as little and still have fun.

Welcome Mike. Saw Honda mowers yesterday at Sams club while looking for lime for over 600 buck, with no seat, I think you did well.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm looking forward to spending some time here, it would seem that you have all got the "fever"! I just got back from my local Simplicity dealer with bearings, belts and other odds and ends. That trip cost me a $100 and change - it's REAL easy to drop money into these little tractors, isn't it? Even though mine's not an "antique" - at 20 years old it can mow rings around the generic hydrostat I've got now. I definitely want to fix this one up, use it for practice and then look for an older Simplicity/AC for a restoration. Looking at the fine examples that you gentlemen have built up gives me the bug something fierce!;) See you all around! Mike :D

That's an awesome first Simplcity you bought. Welcome to a family of loyal Simplicity and A-C Garden Tractor owners. You couldn't have picked a better family to be a member of. Welcome!:)

Hi SimplyAC- My first Simplicity was (is) a 6000 series also. I agree, it mows great. I have a snow thrower attachment, and snowplow blade attachment, which also work great. Even though I also own a newer Landlord, I still use my little 6011 all the time. This spring I used it to haul tons of topsoil around the yard for a project I'm doing. It's power amazes me. I've promised myself an older tractor, too. Maybe a "B" series A/C. Nice find on the 6211. Betcha can't own just one, though...;) Tacey

By all of your enthusiastic welcomes, it indeed looks like I've picked the the right "family" to join.:) I can see that this "disease" has all of you in its grip! Tacey, are you saying that these Simplicitys/AC's are like potato chips?8D Mike :D

Welcome to the club Mike... (hey guys, wait 'til he starts dragging home everything he stumbles onto!)

Thanks for the welcome AC808! I'm sure your right, I probably will start dragging home everything I find! I've already started looking in the paper and checking out the garage sale listing! ;) Mike :D