Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
TBOLT

2000 rpm tiller

TBOLT
I was looking around on the Simplicity site and noticed that simplicity makes a 50" tiller available in the 540 and 2000 rpm pto. I was just wondering if it could work on a powermax with 2000rpm pto? Is the splines the same as the powermax(inverted)? If not, could a powermax shaft be used on the simplicity tiller and made to work? and if so :D"DOES ANYONE HAVE A POWERMAX PTO SHAFT FOR SALE?"

sandyhillbill
don't know what a powermax shaft looks like but here is a picture of the shaft on my sunstar 20 that drives the tiller and the one on the mid mounted mower is the same. Don't know if they are the same or not.

gretsch
Tiller should work. In fact, many tillers made for Simplicity, AC, John Deere, Ariens, Wheelhorse, Sears..... used the same spline and 2000 rpm pto. Smilin Sam sold a pto shaft for one of these on ebay a while back, so just be on the lookout or talk someone who has a tiller, finish mower, or bush-hog (any combination of the two) into letting you buy one of theirs but good luck lol.

TBOLT
I probably just need the male end, thanks everyone--I thought a 2000pto attachment was a thing of the past when woods discontinued their rough cut mower. I just bought a 60"woods tiller for the bigger tractor but sure would like to see one behind the little A/C. That is if they're not too pricey. will pm you Jim