Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly....

thedaddycat

The Good.... I helped someone clean out an old water heater and two dog houses out of the yard, along with this tiller. It's Craftsman, not sure what engine size.

Also got this old Horse with the tiller still mounted. I'll get the deck on another trip.

The Bad.... I got to the dump and went to the metal dumpster to unload some stuff. What of all things do I see laying on its back like a stranded turtle but a whole 725. Rear lift, center PTO, decent tin. As I'm telling one guy that it's over 40 years old and I collect them another comes up on the backhoe. First guy says "Hey, he collects these old tractors...." The Ugly....... Backhoe man "Once it goes in it stays in, State regulations. We can't have anyone getting anything out". Then he swings the hoe over and tries to mash that poor little cousin of my Putt Putt. Well after a dozen tries he had bent the frame a little but that was all. Even in it's death throes it stood up to a JD 410 and held its own. As I unloaded old wood and burnables I glanced over. Then I found one more piece of tin and as I walked over to toss it in, the little 725 was slowly vanishing under rolls of rusty chain link fence.......

Somtimes we throw away good things, like that 725 you saw. They should have gave you that tractor, what were they going to do with it but crush it. :D

Man, that almost brings tears to my eyes. Why do we have a landfill problem in this country??????????

Sometimes it's a power trip. They can't have and enjoy it, so they want you to be as misrable as they are and not let you have it. After he smashed it you should have said "too bad, I'd have given you a hundred bucks to load it for me" Then watch the expresion on his face while smileing. I don't go to the dump that much but I too ran into a simular thing and after hearing his we can't let you have it rspeech I told him if I put in more than I take out what's it hurt. I come in with some, I leave with some. That plus a twenty got me what I wanted.

Yeah, and if I hadn't taken about five or ten minutes asking the neighbor if they had anything that needed to be taken I'd have been there about the same time it was being unloaded.... Such is life my friends, win some, loose some, and sometimes you just have to settle for a draw......

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat The Ugly....... Backhoe man "Once it goes in it stays in, State regulations. We can't have anyone getting anything out". Then he swings the hoe over and tries to mash that poor little cousin of my Putt Putt. Well after a dozen tries he had bent the frame a little but that was all. Even in it's death throes it stood up to a JD 410 and held its own. As I unloaded old wood and burnables I glanced over. Then I found one more piece of tin and as I walked over to toss it in, the little 725 was slowly vanishing under rolls of rusty chain link fence.......
Just one word comes to mind, AUGGG......B):(:(!

It's a liability thing. If you take it out and get into an acident you might sue the city. Isn't that the popular excuse today when people can't or won't think independantly?

This sounds like a script for a hollywood movie (Like old yeller) remember the scene where the little boy has to shoot ol'yeller. It brings a tear to your eye. I wonder if a few greenbacks would have persuaded the guy?? Like Marty said "no wonder there is a landfill problem" John H

bet that guy was a john deere onwer; or maybe allis chamler hater.or both.or maybe he's just ugly & bad.

quote:
Originally posted by JJ MARSHALL
bet that guy was a john deere onwer; or maybe allis chamler hater.or both.or maybe he's just ugly & bad.
Yup, and I'll bet that he mows with an MTD too......B):(

He's probably just some poor government schmuck trying to do his job, I still got a good Wheel Horse to part out..... That's what I meant about settling for a draw.....