Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 Questions

TerryZ

I recently acquired a 9020, and being a newbie have some questions. I just finished fixing the 'major' items on her, and she now runs great. I even found a supply source for the insulation under the hood if anybody's interested. 1. The tractor is missing some of it's minor sheet metal i. The vertical heat guard on the engine, separates the exhaust from the rest of the engine. ii. The PTO guard I have not been able to find these parts, any ideas where to get? 2. Also, the PTO is a female, but most pics I see on the forum show a male shaft. Is there some kind of adaptor? 3. The deck is pretty rusty, some holes in the corners but the spindles are good. Definately fixable, however somebody hacked up the top covers for an unkown reason, cut them in half, I need to locate replacements for these as well.

powermax_paul
Terry, Sheet metal is hard to find, so I don't know about #1 and #3. As for PTO. They came from the factory with a 2000 RPM internal spline PTO. I haven't seen a male PTO shaft on any of the powermax series. And by the way, welcome to the club!

Check with JP he seems to be able to locate alot of the PowerMax Parts if he does not already have it lying around

Hi Terry, Welcome to the fray! I have some of the parts you're looking for & I can check for the rest. Paul's correct about the pto shafts. Also about the belt covers, They ARE tough to come by. 'They' (?) cut them to try & keep the beltways clean or put the belts back on (to me there's more at issue there than hacking the covers!). Lots of information & experience here! Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us!! JP

Gentlemen, Thank you all for your welcome words and support. J.P., I will forward a list of part numbers, lets see what we can do. Thanks Again! Best Regards, Terry