Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sunstar help

puds

I'm a new member and the first to admit,maybe, i made a mistake. I bought a sunstar 20hp, 60" deck and I love it. However, I then started to look for add-ons and dealers laugh at me. (ok, smirk when they think I'm not looking). What I want to do is add a 3-point on the rear and it seems like this is not doable, according to dealers. They say everything is obsolete. Can somebody head me in the right direction,please. Thanks

Place a "wanted-parts" ad on this site in the classifieds section. The 3-points are around but somewhat hard to come by. If you are patient, one will show up. I know because I bought one on ebay about two years ago.

You could always built your own like I did for my 4040. I don't have those fancy cranks on it for leveling side to side, but I do have a turnbuckle.

Puds: Welcome to the club. I have a 1918H, a 1920H, and a Sunstar, and I love em". Powerful and tuff. I will be tilling 6 gardens today with my 1920H. Yep, many things are no longer available for these units but some are. The rear hitch / Lift group is still available but I too am looking for a cat. 0, 3-point. I'm in the process of puting together the arm etc. to build one as Martin sugests. Post some pictures when you get a chance. If I can help in any way let me know.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep looking while I decide if I should try to build on. If anyone has a picture of thiers, it would be a help

The Ultima I just bought has a 3 point, but I believe I still need a rear PTO. 540 or engine speed?

Ambler: Depends on what you want to use. The Simplicity tiller wants the engine speed PTO, (this is not cat0)however most cat0, 3point impliments want 540 rpm. If you look from behind, under the gas tank, on top of the trans., you will see a splined shaft that turns with the engine rpm. This is what drives the rear PTO. Simplicity list the 3point as not compatable with the engine speed PTO. Did you get my PM?

I also have a Sunstar and have checked with dealers for left over attachments. Not much luck either. Also I do beleive that the 3 point is not compatable with the tiller the tiller has its own hitch, Am I correct John?

The simplicity tiller uses the engine speed PTO and the simplicity "hitch / lift group". This "hitch / lift group" is sometimes refered to as a 3point hitch and I think this is where the confusion comes from.