Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Brent_Baumer

Need gas tank measurements/dimensions

Brent_Baumer
Hi all. The 725 I picked up last week does not have the original gas tank. A club member has a very good one for sale but is not 100% sure it is off a 725. Can one of you 700, 725 or B1 Owners measure the length, depth and height of yours? thanks. Brent

BrownA
I don't have any measurements in front of me but the picture you are showing looks like the tank on my simplicity 700. My B-1 AC has a different style that is rounded ( not 100% sure it's original ). Also my Simplicity model W walker ( same vintage ) has that style tank. I wonder if Simplicity just used the tanks that came with the engines in their earlier models ?

johnmonkey
Hello, my simp 700 looks like the one pictured and is a squared 10-3/4"long x 5-5/8" wide x 6-3/8" tall. My MW gmark (simp 725) is a rounded style that is 10-5/8" long x 5-5/8" wide x 6-3/8" tall. It looks like the exact same measurements except that the rounded tank is only 1/8" shorter tha the squared one. I hope this helps. John H

Allis_B12
Is this the standard Briggs tank? It looks like the one in the Briggs IPL. I just looked up the part number for a fuel tank, and the website comes up with a new gas tank. Maybe it's too late Brent, if you have a line on a good tank. This would be a good alternative if a 725 owner wanted a new gas tank. It's part number 291488.