Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
nrallen

Electric Lift Grease?

BobT
I used Mobil 1 synthetic grease when I rebuilt mine. I suppose you could call Thompson/Danaher at 1-800-554-8466 and ask what they recommend. The electric lift is a PPA 12 VDC. There is a some more info here: http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27437

Kokomo
I have the same Electric lift kit, 1690392. When I took mine apart, it was NOS, the grease was all in one corner. How much grease do you put in the unit. I have thought of installing a grease fitting and pumping it full; however, I do not know if this would have a negative affect on the system. I wonder if the grease would get between the slip clutch plates and create a problem. When I took the the unit apart, I was not sure if a washer fell out. Do you know if there is a steel washer under the plastic gear on the mounting shaft and a fiber washer on top of the plastic gear on the mounting shaft? I found one washer in the grease later when I was removing it from the unit. Glad to see this post as I am ready to put the unit back in service. Bob in Kokomo IN