Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric Lift Grease?

nrallen

Hi everyone Can someone tell me what kind of grease/fluid goes in an electric lift (1690392)?. Thanks, Neil

I used Mobil 1 synthetic grease when I rebuilt mine. I suppose you could call Thompson/Danaher at 1-800-554-8466 and ask what they recommend. The electric lift is a PPA 12 VDC. There is a some more info here: http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27437

Thanks for the info Bob, I have never rebuilt one of these before. Neil

I have the same Electric lift kit, 1690392. When I took mine apart, it was NOS, the grease was all in one corner. How much grease do you put in the unit. I have thought of installing a grease fitting and pumping it full; however, I do not know if this would have a negative affect on the system. I wonder if the grease would get between the slip clutch plates and create a problem. When I took the the unit apart, I was not sure if a washer fell out. Do you know if there is a steel washer under the plastic gear on the mounting shaft and a fiber washer on top of the plastic gear on the mounting shaft? I found one washer in the grease later when I was removing it from the unit. Glad to see this post as I am ready to put the unit back in service. Bob in Kokomo IN