Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Overkill??

HubbardRA

Got some new tires mounted today. Here is the before picture.

Here is a picture after installing the new tires.

Another view.

Front View

I know most will not like them, but was wondering if anyone other than me likes the looks of these monsters. Dan, here they are. This is what yours will look like if you mount them on 12 inch wide wheels.

Graham, These are 26x12x12 tires mounted on 12 inch wide wheels. Bought the tires off ebay for $49.95 + shipping. Already had the wheels.

THey look neat, Should get alot of traction from those. What will you be using them for?

Nothing yet. Haven't even started the engine since I built that tractor from a pile of parts from about eight different tractors. Was going to try starting the B/S today, but when I put fuel in, the fuel line was leaking in two different places. Didn't have time to fix the problem today.

Looks like they should take a serious bite --- out of your low end. Thinking about going for a land speed record? Probably gonna lose a lot of grunt. Hope that's not important to you!

JR, Actually this tractor will probably become my main lawnmower. It has a shuttle tranny. My AC716H will remain the workhorse for the really heavy duty jobs(8.50 tires on that one). I just bought those tires because I wanted something different. I already had two sets of AG tires in that size. When I dismounted a set to get those wheels, I found out that set was totaly rotten. Now I only have one good set of 26x12x12 AGs and the set of turfs above.

Think them tires are cool looking Rod. Reminds me of what we used to do for cars when I was a youngen', put some Meats on

I like em'. Nice looking tractor to, looks like it is ready for decals. I have the same tires on my 1920H. Have a lot of low/soft spots in my lawn and the floatation helps to get over them with the mower.

Those tires might interfere with the deck height adjusters. The 25's I just put on my 716H just barely clear the adjusters. I like the looks though. Need another pair on the front for crossing snow drifts. You could probably drive on top of them with that much flotation.

Rod that tractor is looking great, I'm glad to see all those parts turned back into something useful. I'm working on that combo unit myself- a 3410 mixed with a homelite t-13. The way it turned out that t-13 chassis was better than the 3410 that I kept. let us know about the mower deck (if it fits or not.) John H

John (Comet66), Decals are coming. Not stock. Basic black with Allis Chalmers in white. John (johnmonkey), I really must thank you again for the parts that you gave me. Without those parts, this tractor wouldn't exist. There were also several other people on this site who gave or sold me critical parts, but you gave the two most critical, engine and tranny. When I came to your house to get the 410, and you started offering old parts, all I could see was the mix of the parts you gave and the parts that I already had coming together ti create this tractor. As you can see, I didn't fix up the 410, it got junked. By the way, I put twice as many hours into that hood as I did in all of the rest of this tractor. Brent, Since I have two 48 inch decks, I can guarantee that one is going to fit if I have to redesign the height adjustments.