Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Guess what I heard today....

I heard that Simplicity makes Craftsman new zero turn mower. I told the salesman AYP makes Craftsman, he said not the zero turn. He said Craftsman sent out specs and guidlines for what they wanted, to diffrent companies, and Simplicity won. The Sears salesman told me if I could get a Simplicity, get one. He was a real honest guy. He told me that alot of people around here does not know what a Simplicity is, and if they did and wanted to spend the money, he would be out of the tractor buisness. Does anyone else know?

There was a post on here a couple months ago about this where there was a catalog picture showing it. I did a search for it but came up empty handed. It would definitly have to be better than what they are use to selling.

D-17_Dave
If I remember correctly, the meat of the subject boiled down to it was a simplicity model that the dealerships no longer offer. so it wouldn't cut into the dealer share of the market. But this is all from my bad memory.

I was told that Simplicity makes the Craftsman Zero turn also by the saleman at my Seas store too, the other day.

I usually have this habit of forgetting up certain posts, and when I go looking for them I can find seem to find them. This particular one stayed in my mind. Maybe because I never thought in a million years that Simplicity would sell their Specs to Sears. Originally posted by Chris727: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28029

powermax_paul
I've been very impressed by Sears lately. You can go onto their Sears Parts Direct and search for a P/N for just about anything whether it was sold by Sears or not (including parts for Onan engines). Think what it would do for Sears if they went directly and solely to Simplicity for all their outdoor power equipment? Maybe I'm just biased, but both companies are those who've withstood the test of time. It just seems like it would make a win-win marriage.;)

TomMaryland
Thats a radical idea Paul! I doubt that Simp would want them as a player in their prime price range, but the lower end models might do well at Sears.

• 4 weeks later...
Found the Zero Turn on the Sears website. Here is the link. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07127770000