Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

quick release seat

Marc P. Cyr

Marc P. Cyr
has anyone made a quick release seat for their B10 ? My tractor has to be kept out in the weather. I want to replace the seat with the correct one, but I like to see my tractor without a tarp. If I can bring the seat inside when I'm not using the tractor I could keep it in good condition for a long time I'm sure.

dirtsaver
Marc I've always felt the seat(providing it is vinyl) is the least of the tractor needing protection from the weather. Things like the starter/generator,and the paint suffer from the elements and are more expensive to repair. Just mt two cents worth. Larry

Might want to get a clear heavy plastic tarp if you want to see it and keep it outside. I do have to agree that the seat is the least of my worries. RUST is the biggest problem.

Marc, If I had an all original AC B10 that is show quality like yours, it would sit in my living room before I would leave it out in the weather! (Just my two cents) Neil

Marc P. Cyr
I'm not sure it's show quality, when I dug into the grime, and degreased the tractor, I found 3 different yellows on the tractor and yellow on the gear box. I'm re-painting cat yellow but blacked out the gearbox and hitch.

Marc P. Cyr
Daisy had been sleeping out under the stars out in a field for a long time before I spotted her, I'll add on a roof on the back side of my tool shed and some boards to shelter from the northwest, and park her there.