Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A member passes...

Kent

I just received this email from member RonB's wife...
Hello Kent, I feel I know you, my husband spoke of you, and Dutch, as if you were old friends. My husband, RonB, as you knew him, passed away at the age of 68, after a 6 month battle with lung, lymph gland, and liver cancer, on April the 23rd. I would appreciate it if you let his friends in the club know. I don't remember his password to the coffee club, or I wouldn't be imposing on you, this way. He thought a lot of Marty, in Alaska, also. We are Canadians, living in British Columbia. Thanking you in advance. Yours truly, Ruth Burke

Mrs. Burke, I am sorry to hear that that your husband lost his battle with cancer. I am sure you will miss him very much. Thank you for letting us know that Ron passed on. I hope he did not suffer too much. We will miss him. Sincerely,

Mrs. Burke, You and your family are in our prayers. Sincerely, The Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor Club

Mrs Burke, You family is in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, one of our friends.

Mrs Burke, Your loss is felt by all of us. We will be praying for you and your family. Dan

Your family is in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.

Many of us here in this unlikely place look at, and treat each other as more than just faceless aquaintances. We have developed a bond of sorts that can only be decribed as being akin to family, or a sort of brotherhood. We all share each others daily stories, taking part in one anothers moments of joy, anticipation, and relief as well as moments of despair, greif, anger and so on. We all make the special mix that creates the draw that brings us back time and time again. Really, its not the site, but rather the people here that are the magic ingrediant, and when one of us has departed , we all share the loss. My condolences to the family of our departed friend

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Burke family,in this time of need. kenny L

Mrs. Burke & family Ann Marie and I wish to extend to you and your family our most heart felt and deepest condolences.

Mrs. Burke, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Ron will be missed by us all.

Mrs Burke. Thank you for Sharing your husband with us for the time we had. May God Bless you in your time of need.

I just received this email from Mrs. Burke
What a wonderful group of people! I have read all the messages, and am saving them for my dayghter to read. She so loved her Dad! She has a 2 1/2 yr son and a 6 week old daughter, who was born in time to meet her Grampa. Life really is rotten at times, I think. Thanking you again, Ruth
Ruth, there's a saying in hills of East Tennessee where I grew up that "you can judge a man's life by the number of people who attend his funeral." Though that may sound somewhat insensitive, as I get older I've come to realize that it is pretty accurate. You really can judge a man's impact on those around him by the number of people who'll take time out of their busy lives to pay him their last respects and say goodbye.... Looks like your husband was quite a man... God bless and comfort you during these difficult times, Kent