Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve hitch stuff at Home Depot

Chris727

To any of you looking for sleeve hitch attachments, last time I was at Home Depot they had all their brinly sleeve hitch garden equipment on clearance. They have the box scraper, disk harrow, and cultivator for $75 each. I got a box scraper and its not bad, really going to come in handy, and the one at sears was $209 and not as nice as the brinly.

Is this because they only sell one green tractor (G100) that's tough enough to handle sleeve hitch attachments? :D

I called my local home depot and the garden center did not know anything about a clearance. Must be a local thing.

You know, Chris...im sure you could help us all out by purchasing all of those attachments and selling them to club members....

Jay, Sorry but I don't have the money to do that. All of the posters for their attachments no longer show the garden attachments but they were in the 2004 L&G booklet, I think. I figured they had a hard time selling them. They may not be calling it a "clearance." Maybe just a price reduction, they had yellow tags on them $75 was $150? Something like that. Usually that means the item won't be back. Could just be a local thing I guess. A year ago I found a 75 pound rear wheel weight for the JD's with 12" rims for only $25. But they only had one, called around to other Home Depots but couldn't find anymore.

Chris727, I'll take an order on one of those box scrappers, weights and such.... just kiddin. I wish we had a deal like that in Connecticut. I really need a lawn sweeper. I am thinking that will be my poor mans vacuum and not take up as much space.

CORRECTION! Home Depot does have these in Stratford CT. I got one of each. Either the guy I spoke to didn't know or it came after your post. CORRECTION!

Also they had a 46" snow blade for a scotts. They had some sleeve attachment for a murry for $25 normally $139. Think they are discontinuing selling this stuff? It may go cheaper...

I was at a Home Depot last night and thought I'd check this out. They did have the sleeve hitches and attachments as mentioned. I don't think they are calling it a clearance sale and no one there seemed to know anything about it. I found them on my own outside in the garden section on a shelving unit. The peculiar thing was they had the same identical items maked down to two different prices. At eye level the had the 38" box scraper for $99. On the shelf above it was the indentical part # box scraper for $75. I bought the cheaper one and it rang up right at the register. They also had sleeve hitches for $25 & $99 - Reg $129. Harrows $75 & $99 - Reg $169. If you go look around and don't depend on the clerks to know anything. They might be able to direct you to the equipment but can't answer questions about a sale or clearance. PS I was at the store in Portland, ME

At Home Depot on Long Island 39" disk harrow, 38" box scraper and 40" cultivators are all $75. The Brinly display card in Home Depot has those items not showing.

I stopped by Home Depot in Auburn, MA, hoping to find a Box Scraper or Rear Blade... no luck. They had the cultivators and disk harrows at $75 each, though....

HD in Lansing, MI has box scrapers and cultivators for $75. I got a scraper---it's going to come in handy with a landscaping project I'm planning.

I picked up 2 box scrapers...anyone interested in buying one for $75 plus shipping? Ill have it listed in the classifieds.