Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Sovereign - Final Production Run

JohnF

I just recieved an e-mail response from Simplicity Mfg., the final production run for the Sovereign will take place in June. If interested place an order with a dealer. Once they're gone - they're gone. Simplicity just lost a dedicated 40-year customer. Does anyone know what the John Deere Garden Tractor website address is?

It sounds like I got lucky when I bought my Sovereign last Fall. I wonder why anytime I like a product it almost always gets changed or dropped?? Humm! Roy

grandpawrichard
It's truely a sad state of affairs, when a Company ends such a fine product and tradition, as the Simplicity Sovereign ! I think that they're making a BIG MISTAKE! But, alas, who am I to say; I'm only a Proud owner of a Simplicity Sovereign !

grandpawrichard
I hope your not serious Bill! I'm sure they are doing so for good reason. They probably see GTs giving way to ZTs or maybe some other "secret" mowing device. In todays business numbers mean a lot more than we would like them too unfortunately. Parts will continue to be available as always so we can still keep them purring along!

you know the same thing happened when i bought my first harley in 1994 they quit producing the FXR model. the reason they gave was that was the only bke they made that used that frame so assembly took longer and cost more. i asume simplicity is doing this for very similar reasons. hate to see it go it has been the flagship for a very long time i am glad i own two of them. joel

I assume this means the end of the AGCO 918 as well. Too bad people don't realize how functional these tractors are. I looked at lots of new tractors before I found my old 716Hydro, including the 918H. Frankly, it was marketed to me as old technology. No mention of attachments or reliability...anyway, I'll still stick to the A/C's.....

Hi, I hear you and I love these tractors. When the "new" Landlords came out I continued to sell about twice as many of the Sovereigns. The last two years I have sold about 5 new Landlords to each Sovereign. The Sovereign was "killed" about 7 years ago and brought back by popular demand. Since the new Landlords are now available with hyd. lift and power steering, they have become more atractive to customers at our place. One bright spot: At least there are a lot of the venerable old girls out there and I'm sure they will be loveable and adoptable for a long time to come. I would also expect that parts will be available for a long time, due to the fact that there are so many out there and so many of the parts are common through the years. Parts are usually available until the demand and volume drops. My thoughts, and they are free, value accordingly. Good luck, Al