Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor 707

Mr.PhixIt

Hi guys, I help out a lawnmower repair shop every Saturday and the just got in an old Simplicity Broadmoor 707.:D It also comes with a snowblower and tire chains.:D The owner is going to sell it, but hasn't looked it over and come up with a selling price. The engine has been replaced with I think an 8 or 10 horse Techumseh.:( Since the engine was replaced, about a half an inch has been cut off the side of the hood.[:0] So how much is it worth? What should I offer the guy? Thanks, Bill

goatfarmer
Hard to say without seeing it. If you have no idea on price,let him set it.

Before you put a lot of money into it, you should check with local members in your area. You can probably pick one up that hasn't been modified. Unless he is super low on the price...

ehertzfeld
Id figure out, what the most you would spend and subtract that by half. Sounds like a good place to start. Elon

I paid about $150 for a 707 with a blower, chains, filled tires and rear weight. There was also another dead 707 thrown in the deal. It starts like a champ using the rope. However, if there is cutting on the unit, I would drop that price way down. Do you need the blower? etc. That should help determine price.