Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not too bad of a day.

BruceF

I found this on my lot this morning. A guy had told me I could have it because it had a bad engine. He must have dropped it off sometime this weekend and I didn't see it till this morning. Don't look to be in too bad of shape so I'm thinking of swapping engines and selling it. If I decide not to swap engines it will get parted out.

Then I went to pick up parts for my Allis 816GT and also pick up this tractor.

I was told this tractor had a bad hydro. I got it home and had to clean out the fuel pump to get it to run. Got it to run and the tractor moves and drives fine. Hydro fluid looked a little milky after the little bit of driving so I'm going to change the fluid and filter and see what happens. After picking up the tractor I went to pick up a cheap digital camera that I can leave in my truck to have when needed for those spur of the moment pictures. This is what I got for $20.00.

Having to try out this new camera I took the above pictures with it. Not the best quality but good enough for what I want to use it for.

I'd have to call it a good day. That mastercraft looks clean enough if you get it going should be able to make a few bucks on it.

Yep...that was a good day. Nice to hear you have an 816GT. I have an 808GTII that was repowered to 18hp. A bit more power now!

I had a 6516 a few years ago. It was an awesome tractor. I traded it for my 20 hp Sunstar. The biggest reason I traded was not only because I always wanted a Sunstar but I just could not get used to that lift lever. I always swung my leg over the back of the seat to get on. That lever was always in the way. Unlike the foot draggers of old that have the lever next to the hood, this one is by the rear fender right in the way for the leg to clear the seat back. Might sound like a petty reason but just was a pain in the neck or I mean shin.

bud119195, I know some members do not like the place but I picked up the camera at Wal-Mart. They had three different types of cameras for $20.00. I thought this would be the best one.

Mastercraft, It looks the same as the old Ranch King my uncle used to own. He now has a Poulan Pro. (VACCUM CLEANER) Should be able to make a few dollars off it. :D