Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B110 comes home...

So I picked up a B110 today which I bought last week, I brought this home as a second trip. Used the 3112H as a tow truck because it was missing one wheel:

[img]/club2/attach/michaelg221/pict0001_m.jpg[/img] This machine has a lot of surface rust, but the stickers are all in great shape. The bolts look like this tractor has never had anything done to take it apart. The only problem is this is covered with surface rust. Here's the serial number:

I will hate to part this out. Anyway, we'll see if the Gremlins have anything to say about that after I check out the engine. The only positive thing on the engine is that the air cleaner looks like oil is still on the filter and I can turn the crank by hand (aka it's not frozen). Thus, it may have been running fairly recently. Did only the B112 have the variable speed feature?

Yes, the B-112 had a variable speed and the HB-112 was a hydro. B-110's are standard 3-speeds, and 4" shorter in length because of it...

Kent thanks. Curious if anyone knows the style of front tires the B110 and the B112 originally had. This B110 has a mesh thinner tire than what I have on a very cherry original B112. I have rounded wider front tires on my B112. The rear tires on both seem to be the same 23 x 8.5 x 12. I can only imagine that the B112 had more bells and whistles than the B110 driving a price difference. Note: The light switch hole on this has the original rubber filler in it, thus this tractor never had lights. This is very original, but badly cared for.

They used the same 4.00x 8.00 stud tire as the B10 forget the brand name starts with s.

I am considering buying some Farm Tractor tires to go on my B-110. What are the best, I seen those on your B1 or B10 Kent, what kind are they. :D

Those are old Armstrong tires on the front of mine.... The origininal tires on a B-110 were 4.00/4.80x8 Schenuit (or something like that) that are no longer available. Carlisle and several others make a "stud type" tire that matches them pretty close. The original tires on a B-112 were 6.50x8, but I'm not sure of the brand. Dealers would sometimes swap tires/wheels back and forth, based upon the customer's preference. Wider tires ride better and are a little easier on the lawn. Narrow tires steer much easier, especially in snow/ice where the wide ones tend to float on top of it...