Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48" mower deck?

beuce

I have a 48 inch mower deck, not sure of the model #. The strange thing is that the center arbor has one mounting screw in the middle of the shaft to mount the blade while the outer ones have the two screw mount. I am having a bear of a time keeping the center blade on my deck, it keeps spinning the bolt loose. I looked at all the 48" deck manuals on line but didn't see any that had the center and outer mountings different. This deck is attached to a 3012V. Any help on how to keep that blade from backing the bolt out would be great. Not sure if I have the proper mounting hardware for the blade either???

My 48" deck arbors are the same as yours. That bolt on the center arbor should have a cupped washer underneath it... Does yours also have a lock-washer on it?

Sounds like someone installed a late model center arbor (single center bolt) on an older deck. Some of the late model arbors used a blade with a small hole. Others used a blade with a large hole. Both used a splined shaft and washer. The large hole blade used a splined washer with a shoulder. The small hole blade used a groved shaft with a snap ring. Make sure all the parts you're using are compatible. In other words, don't mix the parts for the different arbor applications. Refer to the parts diagrams for #1690502 and #1691219 and you'll see what I mean.

Kent, cup washer on bottom along with a lock washer. Dutch, I have the large hole blades. Looks like someone used a regular washer in the blade hole instead of the splined washer with the sholder. I guess I need to figure what parts I need and figure out how to get them.