Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 410S at scrap yard !!!

mbrook

I just stopped at the local scrap yard at lunch. They just got in a AC 410S. I don't need any more projects, but thought some of you might be interested, so I told the guy to hold on to it until tomarrow for me. He said he'd take $25 for it. If anybody wants it let me know ASAP and I'll have them hold it or I'll buy it until you can pick it up. Here is a brief discription: AC 410S with 42" deck (appears to have Kohler engine) - Roller bar on the deck is bent - No front tires or rims - No carb on engine - Sitting upside down with oil around it - busted steering wheel - Has rear lift - Appears to have pulley for tiller? (small) - Rear tires appear to be in good shape I didn't take to much time looking at it because the crane was working right next to it and they don't really want you in the yard while the crane is being opperated. Let me know if anybody is interested quickly and I'll try to grab it for you.

FYI, Looks like someone else picked it up, I stopped back today but it was gone. I talked to the guy in the office and he said someone else stopped in and wanted it, since I didn't give any cash to hold it, he sold it. Which is fine by me, hopefully someone else can make use of it instead of going to scrap.

Sometimes, I wish I worked at a scrap yard. Wonder how many of these old pieces of art are taken there to be turned into new Husky's?