Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brinly sleeve hitch implements mount ..how?

I've not taken a Brinly sleeve hitch implement out of the box, so I can't answer this myself ....yet. Where does that extra bar mount on a Simplicity? The bar which keeps the implement straight back? Will that line up to some holes on the lift brackets?

Here's a photo of a rear hitch mounted on a Sovereign. I believe a hitch made by Brinly is generic. In other words, either it or the tractor will have to be modified for it to fit. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/sleeve-hitch.jpg[/img]

Hi dutch, thanks for this picture. I've got the older style Sleeve hitch and I have the sleeve hitch you pictured above; though I have no tractor which the sleeve hitch you picture fits (I bought this newer sleeve hitch on ebay not realizing there is a size difference on the mount.) The older style sleeve hitch does not have the bolt plate like that newer style sleeve hitch. So I think that you need to run the sway bar (shown in yellow - sorry I not sure if this is the right name) to some point on the tractor:

I assume this comes with the implements. This must stop the implement from swinging back and forth. Thoughts?

This is not a sway bar, it happens to be the sleeve hitch for the Murry tractor. It's longer and larger than the Simplicity/AC type.

Michael May I suggest that you go to the Simple trACtors site and do some reading. Ninety eight percent of the information available for these tractors is available there The best part is it is just a click away any time you need it. The infomation there will answer 99% of your questions. At the top of the page in the menu bar click on Simple trACtors once there the Simple trACtors menu is on the left. If you have the sleeve hitch like Dutch pictured and it is for a Simplicity Allis Chalmers tractor it will fit all of your large frame tractors. Different brand tractors had there own sleeve/Brinly style hitch but the implements all connect to the hitch in the same way. I have not seen any Brinly/Sleeve hitch implements use a sway bar at least not on Simplicity/Allis Chalmers Tractors. I believe the part you have circled in yellow is part of the Brinly/Sleeve Hitch for that brand tractor. There are two styles of Brinly/sleeve hitch for the large frame tractors the early/old style for the early landlords and B series. the late/new style like Dutch pictured above starting with the 3300 series Simplicity and 700 series Allis Chalmers. The old style used a chain for lift while the new style uses a rod. The new style is square on the corners and the old style the corners are angled. Late/New style OnePoint/Brinly Sleeve hitch

Early/old style OnePoint/Brinly Sleeve hitch

Maynard, yes I have both of those hitches. Sounds like I need to assemble one of these implements to see what might stop the implements when using the early/old style sleeve hitch from swinging left and right when the lift is pulled up.

The chain on the old style limits the swing left and right when down and lifted. The chain is connected from the rear lift rod/bar directly to the impliment.

Below are the two sleeve hitches I have. Is the distance between the two lift brackets 6-3/4" for the early and 7" for the later versions of the sleeve hitch? That is the outside dimensions I am measuring on the sleeve hitches in the photograph (I've got the later sleeve hitch on the 10" mark). I don't see those dimensions in the diagrams above and never seen this in the assembly/parts manuals, so I assume it would be something someone with a later tractor could verify. Thank you in advance if anyone has this measurement or knowledge. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/michaelg221/40514_0016_s.JPG[/img]

Both early and late style hitches should be the same width. That new one pictured may not be for a Simplicity...

The only way I could get my later hitch to work on my Big Ten (oops my wifes Big Ten :D) was to space out the outer bracket of the drawbar with a couple of washers. I used a forged Eyebolt in the rear lift to attach the lift rod. Worked out OK when I needed downpressure on the rear grader blade. GregB

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
The only way I could get my later hitch to work on my Big Ten (oops my wifes Big Ten :D) was to space out the outer bracket of the drawbar with a couple of washers. I used a forged Eyebolt in the rear lift to attach the lift rod. Worked out OK when I needed downpressure on the rear grader blade. GregB
Hmmmmm... I've used an early model sleeve hitch on the HB-216, which has the rearend of an Allis 716H, so I assumed it was the same. Also used a B-series vacuum on it, and used a late-model vacuum on my Big Ten with no problem (other than lack of a clutch). Never tried the late-model sleeve hitch, since I don't own one, but I assumed to fit the hitch points it had to be the same... but we all know what ASSUME means...

[img]Does anyone have the correct dimensions for the older style sleeve hitch? I think I am going to have to cut mine.... Below is a picture of the cultivator I am assembling, but I am running into a problem. The B-Series older sleeve hitch I have is 4" high (see picture), the newer (possibly not a Simplicity/AC hitch) is 3" high and the Brinly cultivator mount is only 3.5". So I am wondering if I cut this to 3.5", would I be incompatible with other Simplicity/AC implements or is this older sleeve hitch not the correct one? [img]/club2/attach/michaelg221/40514_0001.JPG[/img]

GregB - THANKS, That at least tells me what I was thinking. The later model lift brackets are wider than the older style. I don't have a new tractor so I can't measure this.