Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

L10 loader

pbrenner70

pbrenner70
This may be a stupid question but, Will an L10 Loader fit on a B210 without modifications? I looked throughout the site but didnt find any cross reference for loaders and models. Thanks

From my research on these, you will need to know what tractor the L10 came off. There is a length difference and width difference between the 10hp and 12hp tractors and also something to do with variable speed, no variable speed and hydrostatic drives. My take on this is that unless you have a loader and all the parts from a compatible tractor, you should just plan for some fabrication. What I'd like to know, is the Johnson Workhorse 10 the same as the L10? Also is the 515 loader for simplicity the same as the L10 or L12?

The L10 and L12 use the same rear mounts for the subframe. But, because of the 4" difference in the wheelbase to accomodate variable speed and hydrostatic transmissions, there were two different rear mounts, one for the short wheelbase tractors and one for the longer tractors. You can see these differences in the Operation Manual for the Simplicity 515, when you look at the 10HP (short wheelbase) versus 12HP (long wheelbase) tractors. Here's the link on Simple trACtors: http://simpletractors.com/operation/515_loader/front_loader_515.htm Note that the B-12 and 2012 Simplicity tractors, though 12HP are still short wheelbase, so don't get confused by that... Bottom line is that the L10 will fit on the B210 with the correct rear mount -- it all depends on what tractor it was originally mounted on. To answer the other questions: The Simplicity 515 is the same as the Allis L-12 or L-112 loaders. These loaders were made by Henry Mfg and available through Simplicity (or Allis-Chalmers) with their manuals and part numbers. The Johnson Workhorse loaders are a totally different loader, made by a different company that provided aftermarket loaders and adapters for several different brands of tractors. All parts orders and support had to go back to Johnson, not through the Simplicity dealership and distributor network. Other companies also offered aftermarket loaders. One key difference between the Simplicity & Allis loaders is that they are designed with a subframe that is on the side of the tractors frame, not underneath it, so that you could keep the loader mounted, yet still have center-mounted attachments such as a mower deck on it at the same time. The other aftermarket loaders didn't have this capability....

Don't forget that to mount the sub-frame needs wheel spacers to make it fit around the rear wheels. good luck Frank