Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MDB

Mower Stolen....

MDB
About a week ago a friend of mine had his mower (big box MTD...B))stolen out of his back yard, he wanted to know if I had one that I would sell him. I told him that I had a 2210 Simplicity that I bought for the Hydrolift and head lights and that I would make him a real deal on it.

He came out on Wednesday to try it out, after he drove it and mowed with it for a while he told me that it this 35+ year old Simp. does a better job than the 4 year old MTD that was stolen....and that the thief did him a favor.... Another convert...;):D

thedaddycat
Folks that I was cutting for last year needed me to fill in this week, she was telling the neighbor how my old (3310 V, 1971) mower did such a better job than her mower, a two or three year old Saber(JD). It's gotta be the stripes......

MDB
quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
If he was mowing with a MTD they done him a favor. They might get fed up with it and bring it back.':p :D
I think he is afraid of that Justin....[:0];):D

10HorseMan
quote:
Originally posted by MDB
quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
If he was mowing with a MTD they done him a favor. They might get fed up with it and bring it back.':p :D
I think he is afraid of that Justin....[:0];):D
If they brought that thing back to me I would tell them to move on down the road. "I have a real tractor now." :D

Mack
Sounds like he better keep the 2210 in the garage so they don't come back for the real tractor!I would think that a four year old MTD has about given its all and they will be looking for another tractor soon.;)

10HorseMan
quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Sounds like he better keep the 2210 in the garage so they don't come back for the real tractor!I would think that a four year old MTD has about given its all and they will be looking for another tractor soon.;)
At least thats how most of them are. They dont build em like they used to. :D