Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower Stolen....

MDB

About a week ago a friend of mine had his mower (big box MTD...B))stolen out of his back yard, he wanted to know if I had one that I would sell him. I told him that I had a 2210 Simplicity that I bought for the Hydrolift and head lights and that I would make him a real deal on it.

He came out on Wednesday to try it out, after he drove it and mowed with it for a while he told me that it this 35+ year old Simp. does a better job than the 4 year old MTD that was stolen....and that the thief did him a favor.... Another convert...;):D

Folks that I was cutting for last year needed me to fill in this week, she was telling the neighbor how my old (3310 V, 1971) mower did such a better job than her mower, a two or three year old Saber(JD). It's gotta be the stripes......

If he was mowing with a MTD they done him a favor. They might get fed up with it and bring it back.':p :D

quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
If he was mowing with a MTD they done him a favor. They might get fed up with it and bring it back.':p :D
I think he is afraid of that Justin....[:0];):D

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
I think he is afraid of that Justin....[:0];):D
If they brought that thing back to me I would tell them to move on down the road. "I have a real tractor now." :D

Sounds like he better keep the 2210 in the garage so they don't come back for the real tractor!I would think that a four year old MTD has about given its all and they will be looking for another tractor soon.;)

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Sounds like he better keep the 2210 in the garage so they don't come back for the real tractor!I would think that a four year old MTD has about given its all and they will be looking for another tractor soon.;)
At least thats how most of them are. They dont build em like they used to. :D