Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AGCO 2024 Diesel and A-C 916H

rs07

These are photos of two tractors I currently own. I purchased the AGCO 2024D brand new in 2002. I had a 48" mower deck put on it and I also purchased a 46" snowthrower with it as well. The A-C 916H was sold to my local school district in March of 1982, according to my local AGCO/Simplicity Dealer, who I also bought the 2024D from. I purchased the 916 from a surplus auction in June 2003. The original engine had a broken connecting rod. The tractor came with a 42", yes that's right, 42" mower deck and a 46" dozer blade. I put a brand new Kohler "Magnum" 16hp engine in it back in February. I already have two people that want to buy this tractor, one is even a custodian who used to use it when the school district owned it. I know I would regret selling this machine. This tractor is in pretty good shape for being commercially used. Of course I have done some minor painting on it. I saved it from being "cannabalized". A couple of people who were bidding on it to use it for a parts tractor for their machines. I gave it a second life. Now it is "semi-retired".

Robert Nice tractors. Please read the post at the top of each forum on posting pictures and fixing the dreaded red X and diskette icon problem.

tractormike
Those are two nice looking tractors you have there! The one that you saved from becoming a parts tractor will be eternal greatful to you! I got a B-12 that had been a parts tractor and put it back together. That one is now my favorite one to use. How do you like the diesel?

maxtorman1234
Nice tractors, Looks like that 916 is in very good shape. I bought a 410 that was in peices, and put it back together, using parts from about 5 other tractors. I also enjoy using it the most. How does that Agco cut?

Thanks, I love the diesel. It just "plays" with that 48" mower deck. No trouble starting in cold weather. The mower deck cuts beautiful. It leaves that famous Simplicity cut!

• 2 weeks later...
Love your tractors.The Allis Chalmers 916 looks like new and i love the Agco 2024. Agco918