Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

found another B-1 Allis Chalmers

tractormike

tractormike
I just brought home my 2nd B-1. I saw an add in the local trader paper. I got a B-1 with a rebuilt engine,bolt together deck, three belt snow blower,tire chains, rear counter weight plus a donut weight, 10 inch tranny pulley and a leaf mulcher bolt on kit for the deck. The only problem is that the bevel gear box is shot. The motor starts right up and runs very well. The guy I bought it from bought it from his neighbor in 1963 and he used it right up untill the gear box acted up last fall. He wanted $250.00 for it, I think I did OK. Now to find a gearbox for it and get it going. Here is a picture of the tractor and the extra goodies I got with it.

maxtorman1234
Good buy, Looks like it's in good shape. I used to have 2 of those gearboxes that would fit it. I have the output shaft from one, let me know if you need it,

Wow what a deal, great for you. I'll bet that mulcher kit for the bolt deck is super rare....

maxtorman1234
not sure, but i think they all have the same bgb's. If not, the shaft can easily be swapped. Almost 100% sure the insides are the same, but the shaft may be different.

tractormike
I don't know how long they used the bolt together deck. I got an extra set of blades along with the mulch kit. I have never seen a mulch kit for that deck before. The deck has grease fittings on the spindles and seems to be in very good shape,solid and the spindles are all smooth turning. I went through my parts and found a bevel gear box that will work. The output shaft key way is chewed up some but I can use that shaft out of the original gear box. The original gear box had both gears stripped out but the case and the shafts seem to be ok. I got the B-1 all torn apart and tonight will start putting it back together.

Karl_Brandt
That is a good deal. They made a leaf mulcher for that mower deck deck.;) Nice looking AC B-1. [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

johnmonkey
Great deal, I would save that original box for the mulcher kit. That would increase the price. JH