Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Meg-mo system

JMAC

Has anyone ever tried these?They look like they should work pretty good,but i don't know how they compare to the Simplicity system since i haven't mowed with my Pow'r Max yet.I know one thing,they are not cheap.I think a fellow could fab his own with some brush hog blades and a disk about 3/16" or 1/4"? thick. http://www.meg-mo.com/

sandyhillbill
never seen this set up on a mower deck this big but Jacobsen used something along ths line with push mowers. Only difference being they used sickle mower blades on a round disk.

I saw one of the Jacobsen at work one time. It was quite and running at a low rpm and was doing an amazing job of cutting tough old fescue. At the time I was impressed. Buy a new set of SIMPLICITY blades. They are higher lift blades and do a much better job of getting the grass out of the deck than the aftermarket blades. Your cut will improve. I did notice an increase need for HP when I put the new blades on and tried to mow with a tired 10HP. I put the deck on the B-12 and noticed no problem. It is hard to beat the OEM parts.

I often seen old craftsman's with mounted 2 sets of blades like an "X" on a 38 inch deck(2 spindles and 4 blades) and wondered what effect it would have. This kind of reminds me of that.