Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I Need elec. fuel pump for 9020 .

slo383

No gas out of the old mechanical one!! any suggestions as what electric to buy? specs? where to buy? also will a diesel electric fuel pump with 5 gals per hour work as replacement? what do i do with the old mechanical pump, bypass it? thanks sam

One I put on my 4040 is a Puralator # Pro 452, think its 1-5 psi rated, got it at NAPA. I just bypassed the old one, no problems so far. No clue about using a diesel pump on gas.

I know most guys wouldn't suggest it, but I got a rebuild kit for my mechanical pump about seven years ago and it has run fine ever since. It all depends on what you want to do! Good luck! Dave

I don't know how to do a link but do a search on the topic. I just did a convertion to elec, pump and have some pics. of it, Dave.

I am rebuilding mine, ordered a rebuild kit from sears. Go to www3.sears.com. (yes with the 3) If you need the kit part number email me I can send it later, don't have it with me. You can even check to see if a local sears outlet has it in stock, or they will ship it to you. Takes about a week to ship. Sears still stocks many of the parts for the Onan.

Facet is a popular brand of fuel pump and just about bulletproof, no contacts to burn out.

Kohler also has a rebuild kit that fits the mechanical pump just fine. I don't remember which one I have used, but you can match it up by the picture of the Kohler and Onan pumps. I have also used the NAPA low pressure electric fuel pump with success.

All the above will fit the bill. It's a matter of preference. The electric is nice; it does put some demand on an already 'fragile' electrical system. I've seen really neat 'billeted aluminum' cover plates if you decide to go electric, but a 'hunk' of flat stock with a gasket & permatex works too. The Kohler replacement is MUCH more economical than Onan. If you stay with a mechanical, MAKE SURE you USE the fiber spacer to move the pump out the proper distance. If you don't, you'll hyper extend the pump arm & it WILL break. Of course, it falls into the sump... Not good.... JP

Running the low pressure electric NAPA on mine. The 1-5 PSI works great. Mounts real slick by the coil right where the fuel lines from the fuel tank, go throgh the heat shield. Pull your electric off the coil post. 7 years, no prpblem. Jack

JP, Do you have the Kohler part numbers for the rebuild kit or individual parts? Thanks. Jim

Hi Jim, I live closer to the Onan distributor (LOL) look here; http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9547&SearchTerms=kohler,pumps Also, Jack Cobb or Sandy Lake may offer some help. JP