Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dbarhydt

Hood Repair

D-17_Dave
If I had to do it myself with what I have to work with--limited-- I would start with a large rubber hammer or shot loaded hammer against a large piece of wood and pound. Repeat then rinse-- I mean repeat as nessasery. Than work it with a 4 pound hammer with light taps against something metal with a rounded edge, like a piece of railroad track. Finish off with some light filer and sand. My 2 cents worth.

wantedinct
I would start looking on e-bay,or place an add in the want adds,it shouldnt be to hard to find one,and i dont think it will set you back very much $. And if your lucky you'll find one with good decals, if you repair yours, your going to have to replace them anyway. Thats my 2 cents worth.

ka9bxg
My B1 looked the same way. I used a hammer and a dolly (small piece of medal) and just kept pounding on it.Be carefull so you don't strech the steel.Work from both sides and you should be able to get most of it out.Bob