Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hood Repair

dbarhydt

Dennis Please read How to upload and post pictures and how to fix the dreded red x Posts at the top of every forum page.

If I had to do it myself with what I have to work with--limited-- I would start with a large rubber hammer or shot loaded hammer against a large piece of wood and pound. Repeat then rinse-- I mean repeat as nessasery. Than work it with a 4 pound hammer with light taps against something metal with a rounded edge, like a piece of railroad track. Finish off with some light filer and sand. My 2 cents worth.

I would start looking on e-bay,or place an add in the want adds,it shouldnt be to hard to find one,and i dont think it will set you back very much $. And if your lucky you'll find one with good decals, if you repair yours, your going to have to replace them anyway. Thats my 2 cents worth.

My B1 looked the same way. I used a hammer and a dolly (small piece of medal) and just kept pounding on it.Be carefull so you don't strech the steel.Work from both sides and you should be able to get most of it out.Bob

Mine was also bent like that, after considerable hammering on a railroad iron and use of body filler it came out ok....