Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My second 725

Karl_Brandt

I just bought a late Simplicity 725. Now I have a 1961 & 1963 Simplicity 725. I got a rototiller and a spare rear end,from a Allis Chalmers 710-6. I bought this tractor from [maxtorman1234]

The bushings and seals in the trans are worn,drive shaft coupler on bevel box is worn{rubber type}. [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

One thing, if you want to keep it looking original you need to use the short axle tube if you ever switch the tranny. Nice tractor, I have a few of the WB700/700/725 and I think they are the most fun of them all....

Sure glad that's gone:) Feels good to be Briggs free again:D That thing was a pain in the butt:(! Hope you're happy with it though,

I have a Simplicity walking tractor model W that is only a frame with a tranny,same as the Simplicity 725 tranny. I also have a spare tranny out of a Simplicity 101. This a project for later. Just bought a Allis Chalmers HB-112 today with 46"blade,42" snow blower,48"mower deck.This tractor is running and needs a few parts changed.Picking this one up on Saturday. [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

Had my eye on one of those HB-112's, Sorta like them I thin it would be a good tractor for a 16 HP kohler to drop into;)

quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234 Feels good to be Briggs free again:D
Work on a Kohler twin in a John Deere and you'd beg for a well-maintained Briggs single. It could always be worse. [:0] Karl, what's the tractor count up to now?

Never had to work on the Kohler twin in the 917:) Dont think we'll have to either, but my guess is that engine is itching to get out of that green junk pile;)

I'm glad to see someone get that tractor who appreciates it. Karl, please let us know if you get that 725's engine to run right. Hopefully something minor.

quote:
what's the tractor count up to now?
The tractor count now is at 22 complete tractors. When I get some extra time, will look at the simplicity 725. To many toys not a enough time to work on them all. With all this rainy weather,still need to dig the garden. Got to love the old Briggs;):D^ Karl