Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Saratoga

transmission fluid

Dave-Saratoga
i drained my tranny a few weeks back, thinking i had a problem with it that turned out to be the differential. well, the differential's rebuilt and i went to 2 simplicity dealers locally to buy some multi-purpose hydraulic fluid - neither one had any in stock [:0] and - to make matters worse - didn't know when they'd be getting any in (actually, one of the dealers was also a GREEN dealer and he tried to sell me some GREEN hydraulic fluid). i've always used the simplicity fluid, but now can't get any until i go out of town or i order some online.. i'd really like to use the tractor this weekend - anybody got any suggestions as to a good (temporary) substitute oil (other than GREEN)?