Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help Please?

New_Kid

Hello, my name is Lucas Krause and last night I bought a Simplicity Homelite T-16 with mower deck and snowblower. I got what I think is a pretty good deal. I paid $350.00 for all of it. What I need help with is finding out how to decode exactly what kind of engine is in it, how to match the blue color on the chassy (as I will repaint this) and where to get new seals for the rear hydro. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated:D. Thanks. Lucas

Welcome aboard. Yeah, I would say you got a good deal. Spend $10 on joining here, it will be the best $10 you ever spend. Here is a starter for the cross reference between homelite and the equivalent simplicity http://www.simpletractors.com/homelite/x-reference.htm Get the parts manual for the equivalent simplicity (from the simplicity technical publication link at the top of this forum) for the rear seal and order from jackssmallengines or a dealer. Our beloved prez-Sam Ericson (smilinsam) has a lot of experience and knowledge on these homelites. The serial number should be on the shroud of the briggs, either on top or down one of the sides.

That would be the best $10.00 you could spend. The knowledge around here is unbelievable as well as the information on these tractors.

JJ MARSHALL
for just $10.00 that would make you have $360.00 in the tractor & the snowblower and a membership. its best 10 you can spend.great bunch of people. if you got questions they got answers. jj