Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Source of vinyl for decals

srwven

As others have experienced, I was thinking of painting the decals on the 916H I am working on that are no longer available. Then I thought, I wonder if I can buy adhesive vinyl in sheets and cut it out myself. Found some. Less than 5 bucks for a sheet that is 30" wide and a yard long, Here is a link: http://www.dickblick.com/zz272/02/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=2790 Also, I bought a 10 yard roll of 24" wide vinyl in black and one in white off ebay. I will have plenty extra but it may be a week or two before I get it.

Hey thanks alot I want to restore my B-1 but the decal kit is 135.00 so maybe I'll try to be creative and make my own.:)

10HorseMan
How do you do that. I may have to try to do that because the cash is not coming in enough to get a decal set for a B110 :D On a budjet that won't budge

I haven't made any decals for tractors, but I've made decals for my radio controlled cars out of Monokote, that's made for model airplanes. It's fuel resistant, since it's used on airplanes. I've got cars that have had lots of abuse, and the stickers have held up pretty well. I cut mine on a light table, since I work at a print shop. Just my 2 cents.

quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
How do you do that. I may have to try to do that because the cash is not coming in enough to get a decal set for a B110 :D On a budjet that won't budge
What I am doing is tracing the ones that are on it presently before I take them off (I learned my lesson from the last one!). Then I will just make a template and reverse trace them on the back of these decals, cut, and stick! Obviously you can't make detailed multicolor decals like the bee or others, but for simple decals like many of the hood stripes it will work well.

May be i need to dig out the silk screen equipment in my basement. Its been a long time sence i did anything with it.